Weekend Basic Photography Course
Dates and sign-up info:
- Next course: TBA
- Interested in this course pls. send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us: +48 662 222 232 (Tomasz)
This Course is an intensive, compressed version largely based upon our AFA Basic Photography Course. In the effort to maximize the available two days we have a series of lectures, an outdoor session and a concluding discussion of the pictures shot during the outdoor session.
Yes, it is hard work for a couple of days, but the feedback we get is that it is definitely worth it. The topics covered on the Course challenges you to reflect on what you are doing every time you look into the viewfinder and press the release button. And the result….. well put simply – it should speak for itself :)
- Intensive, 2 day Course (Saturday and Sunday)
- Saturday: 10:00-18:00 lectures, one hour lunch break
- Sunday: 10:00-13:00 outdoor session, one hour lunch break, 14:00-18:00 discussion of photos and summary of activities
- Group : min. 8 people, max. 12 people
- Venue: Warsaw (TBA)
We welcome you to join us for a weekend of photographic fun where we will teach you to take better pictures!
Theoretical Framework for the lectures:
Getting familiar with the camera:
- Camera construction
- Advantages and disadvantages of the available types of cameras (digital)
- Lenses and their role in creating images
- Important photographic accessories
- Program A (Av), S (Tv), P, M
- Exposure, Aperture, Shutter
- Depth of Field
- ISO, EV corrections, Bracketing
- Important camera settings
Composition, It’s all about Composition!
- Typical errors of composition
- Golden ratio – a basic compositional principle
- How to deal with mess (distractions) in a scene
- The accents
- The air and breath
- Crop – take care of the final result
Make a beautiful portrait and picture – perfect postcard shots
- Portraits – Sharp eye, planes, posed or captured? Lighting, using flash, fill-in (fill-in flash)
- Landscape – Composition, Accents, Horizon, Golden Hours or best conditions for taking pictures
- Review and discussion of camera settings
- Landscape photos
- Photos using natural light, flash, reflectors
- Photographic challenges, games and fun
- Discussion of pictures taken by the participants
- Course completion, diploma
Participation costs and regulations:
- Participation costs amounts to 1200,00 PLN
- Candidates are accepted according to their application order
- Initial downpayment of 400,0 zł is required at the time of application, final downpayment is due 14 days before the scheduled date for the workshop
- In the event of cancelling your participation on the workshop, the following applies:
- If you cancel 7 days prior to the scheduled start date 50% of the payment will be refunded.
- If you cancel 3 days prior to the scheduled start date or later there will be no refund.
- The organizer retains the right to cancel the workshop at any time prior to the scheduled start date in which case the workshop fee will be returned.